Key Findings from DIA Global
At the recent Drug Information Association (DIA) Global conference in San Diego, there were several recurring themes in the sessions I attended: the need for AI, the ever increasing drug development costs, and data silos hindering the product lifecycle. Throughout the conference, however, as various trends and challenges impacting life sciences were discussed, one underlying element was clear: white space.
But what exactly does “white space” mean for life sciences organizations?
For many, it’s the gaps in their business processes that are lacking automation and that cannot connect to other parts of the process where point solutions were introduced. These white spaces create hindrances that translate to added time, cost, and inefficiencies throughout many aspects of the product lifecycle. Organizations, therefore, need to look toward end-to-end process management instead of point solutions for digital innovation of their processes.
“…Companies need to think of digital not as a series of individual tools but as a means of transformation, requiring technology and people.”
So what’s the best way to handle these white spaces? There were several approaches discussed at DIA including:
- Understand where the gaps exist in your processes across the spectrum from development to manufacturing
- Gain information and knowledge on how your business is run and where it can be automated
- Start small by building a solution for a targeted problem with the capability to connect and expand as you go
- Look for a platform that is flexible enough to adapt to any changing needs, standards, and requirements
- Utilize artificial intelligence and cloud capabilities to streamline process execution and eliminate redundancies
Eliminate White Spaces with Appian
Appian’s low-code platform offers the capabilities to fill the white spaces in your business processes. Whether you are starting from scratch, or need a solution to bridge together silos, Appian provides you with the tools you need to streamline your operations. Appian’s low-code approach allows you to build solutions quickly, and adapt them as needed for various requirements. With features such as intelligent automation, cloud enablement, and artificial intelligence, the Appian platform is able to eliminate redundancies and inefficiencies and ultimately reduce cost of development and time to market.
To learn more about all that Appian can do for life sciences, visit our industry solutions experience.