Summer SAIL-ing With The Latest Appian 7 Product Release
Since announcing Appian SAIL in the Spring of 2013, Appian has made great progress in pushing forward a revolutionary user experience. Our mission at Appian is to remove complexity from technology and allow your organization to easily apply the latest technical innovations to your unique business challenges. This Appian 7 product release represents a big step in fulfilling this mission.
As you may remember, Appian SAIL is a declarative user interface definition that leverages Appian’s rules architecture to generate interactive and dynamic user experiences. Mobile and multi-browser compatibility are completely free to the designer, allowing organizations to focus on the exact user experience desired with the confidence SAIL interfaces will work automatically on all the most popular mobile devices and browsers…all with no additional development or testing.
Our latest release of Appian 7, now available on Appian Forum, makes additional advances to Appian SAIL, as well as to Appian social, designer, and administrator interfaces. Highlights includes:
For End Users – Connect with your co-workers
- New User Directory Record allows quick discovery and promotes following of fellow users; Designers may extend user records to meet unique business needs.
- Personalized profile enables users to make a statement about their personality and role in the organization.
- SAIL performance improvements speed rendering of SAIL forms for quicker user interaction.
For Designers – Increase ease of design
- SAIL report builder adds point-and-click functionality and live preview to report building in the SAIL Interface Designer.
- Out-of-the-box SAIL Interface Designer templates speed creation of common interface definitions for process forms, records, and reports.
- SAIL section and layout validation rules make it easier to implement multi-field form validation requirements.
For Administrators – Enhance visibility of user activity
- Enhanced usage monitoring and logging provides added visibility to user activity in the Appian Administration Console and log files.
- Additional enhancements to improve administration capabilities.
We have scheduled live Appian product announcement webinars for the following timezones. Please register to attend the live webinar. A recording of the product announcement webinar will also be made available on the Appian Forum software download page for this release.
Europe – Product Announcement Webinar
- Thursday, July 24th, 12 pm – 1 pm BST (London Timezone)
- Register at : https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/541400112
Americas – Product Announcement Webinar
- Thursday, July 24th, 12 pm – 1 pm EDT (Washington D.C. Timezone)
- Register at: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/243013784
Australia – Product Announcement Webinar
- Friday, July 25th, 12 pm – 1 pm AEST (Sydney Timezone)
- Register at: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/164643232
If you are not a member of Appian Forum, please register for an account at http://www.appian.com/campaigns/forum.jsp
Vice President of Product Marketing