Transformation is the Destination for Financial Services Institutions – BPM Software is the Highway
FSO Knowledge Exchange held their “Financial Services Industry Transformation and Outsourcing Strategies Forum” last week in London. Appian was on-hand for the event because financial services institutions (FSIs) make up a large segment of our customer base, and our BPM software is all about achieving organizational transformation. So it was a natural fit.
Edward Hughes, our VP of Worldwide Sales, participated in a panel discussion on “Driving Process Excellence Through Innovative Platforms and Solutions.” He outlined the three crucial elements that FSIs must focus on to achieve business transformation: business and IT collaboration, customer service excellence, and hitting the ever-moving target of regulatory compliance.
The IT infrastructure of tomorrow’s leading financial firms will achieve these goals by:
- Automating how people and technology come together
- Allowing an organization to move more quickly while delivering higher quality services
- Bringing technology to the user (both internal employees and external customers) in an intuitive and easy-to-use manner
- Providing the visibility, governance and control required by regulators
He also outlined the three major inflection points for financial firm IT today:
- Cloud computing – because in the world of FSIs, outsourcing is inevitable
- Mobility – because it enables a new paradigm that is dynamic and user-driven, not static and organizationally dictated
- Social technologies – because they will enable FSIs to unlock the latent intelligence in their organizations held by their knowledge workers
Appian’s business process management software, with its innovation leadership in Mobile BPM, Cloud BPM and Social BPM, is the ideal platform for FSIs to tap the business value of these IT trends. Mr. Hughes went on to illustrate how global financial organizations like CME Group, Clayton Holdings, Edward Jones Trust Company and others have used Appian to meet their business transformation objectives.
We will also be at the June FSOkx event in New York, and we’d love to see you there. In the meantime, read our white paper on “Driving Financial Organization Transformation Through Business Process Management” for more information.
-Ben Farrell, Director, Corporate Communications