CIO Perspectives and the Search for IT Simplicity

Appian is a proud sponsor of CXO Media’s “CIO Perspectives” conference series. Today, we’ll be at CIO Perspectives Boston.  CIO Perspectives meetings, which are one-day executive events for senior IT leaders at mid- to large-sized organizations in the private and public sectors, always provide compelling, content-rich networking where CIOs and senior executives can collaborate on business and technology issues.

According to CIO Magazine, CIOs are in search of IT Simplicity. The magazine’s July cover story talks about how application sprawl and overly complicated technology are hurting business agility and the bottom line. In addition to the major ERP and CRM systems that organizations have deployed, the typical company has also deployed hosts of smaller packaged and custom applications across its various departments.  Enterprise IT organizations are spending almost 90% of their annual budgets just maintaining and enhancing these existing applications – i.e. simply “keeping the lights on.” That leaves only 10% for innovation and agility.

Our CEO, Matt Calkins, is hosting a lunchtime Executive Exchange at CIO Perspectives on precisely this topic. In moderating the conversation, Matt will discuss the ongoing problem of application sprawl, and how Appian is solving these issues with our zero-training social business collaboration interface, native mobile apps technology, and cloud computing – relevant topics to everyone working in IT today.

If you can’t make it to CIO Perspectives Boston, we invite you to join us at one of our many other events, or visit our website to learn more about Appian.

Hope to see you there!

Alena Callaghan

Web Marketing Manager