Get Ready for Appian World 2014
Learn How to Power the Modern Enterprise at the Premier BPM Industry Conference
RESTON, Va.— March 10, 2014— Appian, the market leader in modern Business Process Management (BPM) and Case Management software, today announced that Appian World 2014 will be held April 30 – May 2 at the Grand Hyatt in downtown Washington, DC. Appian’s sixth annual user conference will provide three days of actionable insights from BPM industry luminaries, Appian experts and leading BPM practitioners on “Powering the Modern Enterprise” with Appian’s innovative Work Platform. Attendees will learn how to harness the forces of enterprise mobility, data management, social collaboration, and cloud computing to guide their organizations to new levels of success.
Appian World 2014 (#Appian14) will bring together more than 800 Appian customers and partners, IT thought-leaders, and members of the BPM community at-large, representing large businesses, federal and state government agencies, labor unions, and non-profits. The conference agenda will focus on the value of combining new workplace technologies into a single modern Work Platform that accelerates smarter business decisions and actions.
“Appian World 2014 will showcase how leading organizations across multiple industries are using Appian to change how they operate and maximize success for their customers and constituents,” said Matthew Calkins, President and CEO at Appian. “The goal of the conference is for our attendees to learn how to accelerate the success of the Appian programs to capitalize on new business opportunities and emerging work patterns.”
“The forces of IT consumerization and mobility require enterprises to consider entirely new ways of doing business,” said industry analyst J. Gerry Purdy, Ph.D., Chief Mobility Analyst at Compass Intelligence, LLC. “These forces are causing enormous disruption. Business and IT leaders need guidance on how to best deploy IT consumerization and mobility and turn it into real value. Appian is focused on helping enterprises realize that value.”
In addition to presentations and training from Appian executives and product experts, the Appian World 2014 agenda includes keynotes, case studies and track sessions covering every aspect of the BPM lifecycle. Presenters and topics include:
- Robert Herjavec, one of North America’s most recognizable business leaders and a star investor on the ABC TV show “Shark Tank”
- Daryl Plummer, Managing VP & Fellow, Gartner, Inc.: “Taming Disruption”
- Carl Stumpf, Managing Director and Technology Controller, CME Group: “Driving Revenue, Not Just Efficiency”
- William Flowers, VP of IT Services, Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport: “Flying the Cloud to a Paperless Airport”
- Michael Robbins, Associate Director, Technology & Information, Clinical Sciences, Sanofi: “A Vision for Enterprise Case Management”
- Kevin Dalley, Business Process and IT Director, Punch Taverns: “Realizing the Modern Work Platform”
- Josh Seeman, Director of Process and Software Quality, Janus Capital Group: “Managing Risk and Process Innovation in Financial Services Operations”
- Matt Richard, CIO of Laborers International Union of North America (LiUNA): “Transforming Customer Engagement”
- Kaushik Ray, Sr. Director BPM, Energy Alloys: “Making Appian a Boardroom Priority”
- David Geissler, Process Architect, General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems: “Lowering the Total Cost of Ownership for Managed Business Processes”
- Marco Minchillo, Head of Business Systems, European Bank for Reconstruction & Development: “Getting Strategic About BPM Business Value”
- Achal Augustine, IT Manager & John Bui, Program Manager, Flowserve: “Building Mobile and Collaborative Solutions”
- Neil Ward-Dutton, Research Director, MWD Advisors: “BPM Fundamentals” & “Exploratory Case Management”
Appian provides a leading low-code software development platform that enables organizations to rapidly develop powerful and unique applications. The applications created on Appian’s platform help companies drive digital transformation and competitive differentiation. For more information, visit www.appian.com.