Appian Launches Industry’s First Government Process Management GPM Solution, Appian GPM
Solution to Provide Agencies with Greater Visibility and Control over Mission-Critical Processes, Enabling Government to Better Serve Taxpayers
Vienna, VA., May 5, 2004 – Appian Corporation, the leading provider of business process management (BPM) solutions to the commercial and public sectors, today announced the general availability of Appian GPM, the industry’s first business process management solution designed specifically to meet the unique requirements of government. Deployed on the award-winning Appian Enterprise business process management framework, Appian GPM is a commercial, off-the-shelf (COTS) solution that delivers unparalleled speed, scalability, and price performance for complex, collaborative, transaction-oriented, or administrative processes that cross organizational or geographical boundaries. With Appian GPM, government agencies will be able to harness the powers of process, knowledge, and analytics capabilities to more effectively manage and improve organizational performance.”Budgetary constraints, an aging workforce, national security issues, policy changes, and demands for greater accountability, are leading government agencies to look at BPM technology to address these challenges,” said Michael Beckley, Co-Founder of Appian and Vice President of Product Strategy. “However, our government customers are finding that the existing BPM products, which were designed to satisfy less rigorous commercial requirements, fail to measure up when challenged by the unique requirements of government. In Appian GPM, we’ve combined our expertise in deploying highly scalable, reliable enterprise solutions for government organizations such as the Department of Defense, the Department of Homeland Security, and the Veterans Health Administration, with our cutting-edge BPM platform to deliver a solution to specifically meet the needs of government.”
Specifically, Appian GPM addresses unique government needs with:
- UNPARALLELED SCALABILITY to support large, complex government initiatives with millions of users and processes.
- PRECISE PROCESS CONTROL and EXCEPTION HANDLING to facilitate legal and regulatory compliance.
- KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT CAPABILITIES to capture, retain, and re-use government data and best practices, as well as the tacit knowledge of government knowledge workers.
- INTEGRATED PERSONALIZATION TECHNOLOGY to ensure accurate routing of tasks and information – a critical feature in large government agencies where decisions are made far from where data is gathered.
- An OPEN, STANDARDS-BASED ARCHITECTURE to support inter- and intra-agency collaboration and information sharing.
- A BEST-OF-BREED SECURITY MODEL that has been tested and proven in mission-critical federal environments.
- REAL-TIME ANALYTICS to provide government with greater visibility and control over strategic processes, enabling government to more quickly identify vital issues and react with dispatch.
- BUILT-IN AUDITING AND REPORTING FUNCTIONALITY to ease accountability and oversight processes.
“Success in government is measured by how well agencies serve the American people. With Appian GPM , government agencies will be able to better orchestrate mission-critical business processes such as procurement, reporting and auditing, permitting and licensing, security clearances, and more,” added Beckley. “The net result? Government that is not only more cost-effective and efficient, but also more responsive to taxpayers.”
Appian GPM deploys rapidly and offers performance that maximizes agencies’ hardware and network infrastructure investments. Built to run on a J2EE-compliant architecture, Appian GPM is compatible with all major applications servers, including BEA WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, Sun ONE, Oracle 9iAS, and JBoss. Appian GPM has full support for the Windows, Linux, and Unix operating systems.
Appian’s process-centric solutions for government have won a number of industry awards, including the Digital Consulting Institute (DCI) 2003 Best Internal Portal Award, the e-Gov 2003 Explorer Award, and the Industry Advisory Council’s and Federal CIO Council’s 2004 Excellence.gov Award.
Appian provides a leading low-code software development platform that enables organizations to rapidly develop powerful and unique applications. The applications created on Appian’s platform help companies drive digital transformation and competitive differentiation. For more information, visit www.appian.com.