Appian Government Customers Discuss the Imperative for Process Efficiency
RESTON, Va.—May 12, 2009— Appian, the global innovator in enterprise and on-demand business process management (BPM) technology, continues to lead the transformation of government organizations to meet mission-critical objectives in a constrained economic environment. Appian government customer participation in industry events is helping educate public sector organizations on the value of BPM for measuring and improving program performance, increasing process visibility, and meeting regulatory mandates – all while managing tighter budgets.
On June 10, 2009, Appian and the BPMInstitute will present a webinar showcasing how government agencies are using BPM to overcome the challenges of a shrinking economy, while still delivering, and improving, citizen services. Featured speaker Jacqueline White, of the US Treasury, will discuss how the Office of Thrift Supervision (OTS) is using Appian to manage consumer complaints and increase government transparency, accountability and efficiency. To register, go to http://www.bpminstitute.org/roundtables/upcoming-round-table/article/delivering-on-the-promise-of-government-performance-and-accountability.html.
At the recent Appian and OMG BPM Consortium seminar on “BPM for Government Excellence”, a survey of more than 100 attendees showed that nearly 50 percent lacked appropriate technology to support documentation, measurement and management of process performance, but equally as many ranked process improvement in the top 10 of their organization’s priorities. Appian customer presentations at the event included:
- Timothy K. Marrero, APP CGFM, DHS/FEMA, Mitigation Directorate. Mr. Marrero outlined Mitigation Directorate’s strategy for using Appian BPM to align costs to mission goals, and reduce the burden associated with performance budgeting and reporting, as well as execution and financial management reporting.
- Mark Whiteside, Chief Financial Officer, Defense Acquisition University (DAU). Mr. Whiteside discussed how an Appian-based program transformed DAU by leveraging student, employee and finance data across 50 disconnected sources to optimize funds while maximizing job performance.
- G. Michael Rodgers, Executive Architect, WHTI, Unisys. Mr. Rodgers detailed how Appian’s BPM technology is being used by Unisys, its solution partners, and members of Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to manage and monitor key aspects of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) project.
- LTC Kenneth H. Fritzsche, U.S. Army, Army Knowledge Online (AKO). LTC Fritzsche outlined AKO as the centerpiece of Army IT transformation to a network-centric, knowledge-based force, and the key role Appian BPM plays as one of AKO’s primary services.
- Akhlesh Kaushiva, Vice President of Appian solution partner Avineon. Mr. Kaushiva presented an emergency management solution built on the Appian platform that is being marketed to various verticals including city and state governments, defense, utilities, educational institutes and the health industry.
- Matthew Faulkner, Office of the CFO, USDA. Mr. Faulkner discussed process modeling, and how USDA leveraged a BPA solution from Appian partner MEGA to control data and assist leadership in making well informed decisions.
More information on the integration of Appian BPM with MEGA process analysis and enterprise architecture will be available in the May 21 webinar, “Roundtrip Process Analysis and Execution Drives Process Efficiency.” Register at https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/346608080.
“Government organizations face tremendous pressures to extend service delivery capabilities despite shrinking budgets, ensure greater compliance and oversight, and increase collaboration across agencies, while still meeting the service level expectations of their constituents,” said Fred Ackerman, vice president of Federal Solutions at Appian. “BPM is essential for implementing process improvements at the operational level that directly enhance an agency’s ability to respond to these challenges.”
Appian delivers an enterprise platform for digital transformation that makes it easy for organizations to move fast and revolutionize the customer experience. Powered by industry leading Business Process Management (BPM) and Case Management capabilities, Appian’s low-code approach radically accelerates the time it takes to build and deploy powerful, modern applications, on-premises or in the cloud. The world’s most innovative organizations use Appian to revolutionize their customer experiences, transform their business operations, and master global risk and compliance.