Appian Announces Appian 6 BPM Suite
Leading BPM Suite is the Fastest Way to Deploy Robust Processes
RESTON, Va.—September 28, 2009— Appian, the global innovator in enterprise and on-demand business process management (BPM) technology, today announced Appian 6, the industry’s fastest-to-deploy and most powerful BPM Suite. Appian 6 accelerates process improvement through a complete BPM suite that delivers rich collaboration, rapid application development, a real-time process architecture and flexible deployment models. In combination with Appian’s professional services offerings and expertise, Appian 6 provides the fastest way to deploy robust process applications. Appian 6 is currently in beta with several customers, and will be generally available in October 2009.Appian also today announced the formalization of the Appian Professional Services BPM Framework – encompassing the methodology, roles, skills, and training required for BPM success, mapped against a BPM Maturity Model. The Appian BPM Framework complements Appian’s industry-leading technology to deliver high-value BPM projects and evolve successful enterprise-level BPM programs. Read more at www.appian.com/company/news/press.jsp.In addition, Appian continues to lead the world’s most vibrant BPM community. Based on advance registrations, the Appian FORUM09 user conference, October 26-28 in Reston, VA, will be the world’s largest in-person BPM vendor event in 2009. Appian announced today that it is extending Appian FORUM as an online intellectual property and collaboration community featuring pre-built Application and Process Templates, Shared Components, and more. Read more at www.appian.com/company/news/press.jsp.”The top three challenges facing organizations today are the ability to rapidly adapt to anticipated and unanticipated changes in market dynamics, ensuring high-quality responsiveness to customers and other constituents, and striving for continuous improvement in how they conduct business,” said Jim Sinur, research vice president at Gartner. “This all comes down to a focus on process improvement, and speed is the name of the game.”
Appian 6 – BPM Accelerated
Appian 6, the only 100 percent web-based BPM platform, takes the concept of BPM application management to a new level. Through one-click import, export and publishing of all components of a process application (models, rules, expressions, forms, etc.), as well as application-centric portal views for end users, Appian 6 makes it fast and easy to build, deploy, use and maintain rich collaborative process applications.
“As a long-time Appian customer, we know Appian delivers great business value, and believe the advanced functionality of Appian 6 will enhance our deployment of new BPM projects,” said David Carpenter, director of BPM at Archstone, an Appian 6 beta customer. “We are excited about what Appian 6 will deliver to every constituent across our BPM efforts, from end users to analysts and developers.”
Key features of Appian 6 include:
- Complete BPM Suite – the only BPM platform to include all the components needed to rapidly deliver BPM applications. The tightly integrated suite of components (including process, business rules, forms, content management, reporting, identity management, integration, and collaboration) work seamlessly together for simple administration and management.
- Collaborative User Portal – provides designers with complete control over the creation of interfaces that empower and impress end-users. Delivering personalized content, shared work queues, and aggregated content from related systems, Appian is the ideal platform for delivering compelling BPM applications and building next generation composite and mash-up application interfaces.
- Rapid Application Development – facilitated by Appian’s simple BPMN modeling, collaborative design, repository of re-usable components, and fast one-click deployment of BPM applications. No other BPM platform is as easy to install, use, manage, and deploy. With the proven ability to scale to millions of users, Appian is ready to accelerate your BPM initiative from initial deployment to enterprise roll-out in record time.
- Real-Time Process Architecture – ensures that managers have access to the information they need to make the right decisions. Appian’s real-time process architecture delivers streaming data to dashboards and process rules that monitor all aspects of a process. With highly flexible reports, access to all process data, fast rule processing, and high scalability, Appian’s architecture uniquely delivers on the promise of a real-time process platform.
- Flexible Deployment Models – the full Appian 6 suite is available for enterprise deployment, or via Appian Anywhere, the market’s most widely used complete on-demand BPM Suite. Appian Anywhere offers a low-cost, low-risk entry to BPM, with simple migration to behind-the-firewall deployment as desired.
“Appian 6 is a milestone for the BPM industry,” said Matthew Calkins, president and CEO of Appian. “Increasing an organization’s competitive edge, and its ability to respond to challenges both foreseen and unexpected, requires process acceleration. With Appian 6 we are delivering a new level of transformational BPM value.”
Appian provides a leading low-code software development platform that enables organizations to rapidly develop powerful and unique applications. The applications created on Appian’s platform help companies drive digital transformation and competitive differentiation. For more information, visit www.appian.com.