Appian 2014 Performance
Total Software Bookings Grow 63 Percent, Subscription Software Bookings Grow 111 Percent over 2013
RESTON, Va.—January 22, 2015—Appian today announced the company’s 2014 performance results. In 2014, total software license bookings for Appian’s business process management (BPM)-based Application Platform increased by 63 percent over the prior year, including a 111 percent increase in subscription based software license bookings. Bookings for Appian Cloud, Appian’s platform-as-a-service business, increased 60 percent over the prior year. For the overall business, total bookings and total revenues each increased by 47 percent over 2013.
The Appian 7 platform is leading the evolution of BPM into the modern Application Platform market. Throughout 2014, the company focused on making Appian 7 the fastest and easiest way to build, use, and maintain enterprise applications. Appian applications unify process management, data management, native mobility, social collaboration, and flexible hosting with easy migration between cloud and on-premise. In quarterly releases through 2014, Appian delivered continual enhancements to Appian 7 features including:
- Process: Appian has made it easier than ever to rapidly model processes and dynamically orchestrate work across heavily structured and more adaptive case management scenarios, combining its industry-leading BPM engine with personalization enhancements for social collaboration across process and data events.
- Appian Records: Appian’s unique approach to marrying enterprise data to process drives faster, more informed decisions. Appian Records unites information silos to give users the data they need to gain situational knowledge and take rapid action.
- Appian SAIL: Appian SAIL (Self-Assembling Interface Layer) technology creates dynamic user interfaces that render natively on desktop and mobile devices with no additional coding. In 2014, Appian delivered new business user friendly tools, making the creation of Appian SAIL interfaces easier than ever.
- No-cost Mobility: Appian’s on-going enhancements in providing full-featured mobile apps at no additional development or maintenance cost continued to enable enterprise-wide mobility for global organizations. Appian’s write once, deploy everywhere architecture allows customers to align their IT strategy to a mobile world through tailored organizational apps that converge people, process, and data.
Appian signed 41 new-name customers in 2014, including multi-million dollar deals in financial services, telecommunications, and healthcare, as well as additional significant deals in insurance, pharmaceuticals, retail, education, government, and more. The broad applicability of Appian’s Application Platform also drove significant expansion deals with existing customers in financial services, insurance, government, and other industries. Financial services organizations expanded Appian programs to drive customer experience excellence, insurance and government customers chose Appian to improve efficiency and flexibility in Case Management; retail organizations utilized the platform to maximize new mobile revenue opportunities; pharmaceutical companies looked to Appian to accelerate decision cycles and support compliance programs.
Industry Awards & Recognition
In 2014, Appian and its customers were recognized for leadership and excellence by a number of influential industry organizations:
- Appian was named a “Leader” in Gartner, Inc.’s “Magic Quadrant for Intelligent Business Process Management Suites 2014″ (Gartner, Inc. “Magic Quadrant for Intelligent Business Process Management Suites 2014″ by T. Jones, et al, 3/17/2014).
- Appian was given a rating of “Outstanding” in Gartner, Inc.’s “Critical Capabilities for Case Management Frameworks” report (Gartner, Inc. by J. Hill, February 12, 2014).
- Appian was named a “Leader” in Ovum’s “Ovum Decision Matrix: Selecting a Business Process Management Solution, 2014” report.
- Appian was named a “2014 Top Workplace” by The Washington Post, ranking 11th in its category out of 150 winning organizations.
- Appian was named a 2014“Trend-Setting Product” by KMWorld Magazine.
- Appian customer Crawford & Company won a Gartner, Inc. 2014 Business Process Management Excellence Award in the North America region, as well as a Workflow Management Coalition (WfMC) 2014 Global Case Management Excellence Award.
- Appian customer Queensland Government Department of State Development, Infrastructure and Planning (DSDIP) won the Gartner Business Process Management Excellence Awards 2014 in the Asia Pacific region.
- Appian customer Punch Taverns won a Workflow Management Coalition (WfMC) 2014 Global Award for Excellence in BPM and Workflow.
Appian’s BPM-based Application Platform improves how work gets done. Through a simple social interface, Appian unites users with all their data, processes, and collaborations – on the desktop or mobile devices, in the cloud or on-premise. For more information, visit www.appian.com.
Appian delivers an enterprise platform for digital transformation that enables organizations to revolutionize their customer experience, optimize their business operations, and master global risk and compliance. Powered by industry leading Business Process Management (BPM) and Case Management capabilities, Appian’s low-code approach radically accelerates the time it takes to build and deploy powerful, modern applications, on-premises or in the cloud. For more information, visit www.appian.com.